Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Dance with MaryJane?

I'm beginning to realize why people get so cynical about drug users.

The same female friend who swore up and down last year that she was never smoking marijuana again because she was so worried about flunking a drug test has admitted to me recently that she has smoked marijuana since that time. She also recently claimed to have quit -- but not until after she got a ticket for marijuana possession.

The funny thing is that I have known enough people -- both "respectable" and not so respectable -- who have smoked the stuff that I should have known better. But since the person in question is also a friend, I let my idealism blind me to factors a more cynical me would have picked up on.

I would like to believe that the woman is on the right path now. But for how long?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home