Friday, August 27, 2010

Hey, I Don't Remember This Show: Pistols 'N' Petticoats

Hey, Ann Sheridan, star of 1942's George Washington Slept Here, had a TV show. She didn't have it for very long apparently but she did have one.

I must confess that the title made me expect something different than what the opening credits actually delivered but I guess that says more about me than it does the show.

Update: According to Ivan G. Shreve, Jr., of Thrilling Days of Yesteryear, the reason the show didn't last so long is because Ann Sheridan literally died during the first season. So please ignore any theorizing I might have done on another post. I did not mean to make light of such a serious subject.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

She didn't have it for very long apparently but she did have one.

She didn't have it for very long because the show was not only awful (there are a few episodes of it available on public domain TV-collections) she passed away while it was on the air. The shows are painful to watch because she's literally dying before your very eyes...tragic.

Petticoats was a concoction of Joe Connelly and Bob Mosher, who created better TV shows in Leave it to Beaver and The Munsters. In fact, on Petticoats they had a pet wolf in the same manner as Herman and Company had a pet dragon. Wacky!

But was Petticoats similar to F Troop? Absolutely not. Not even in the same ballpark.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Ms. Sheridan was so good in George Washington Slept Here and The Man Who Came to Dinner. It seems like such a cruel twist of fate that the last thing she did was a bad TV show.

I guess the F Troop allusion came about because the scene in which Sheridan was doing the shooting for the sheriff seemed reminiscent of the scenes in F Troop in which Melody Patterson did similar duties for Ken Berry. Unless my memory is confusing that show with the Paleface movies Bob Hope did with Jane Russell in which case I apologize.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home