Friday, August 27, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XVIII

My sister spent most of her birthday celebration kvetching about her new job but deep down it seemed obvious that she was glad to be working. Besides, as one who once worked a retail position similar to my sister's current job, I must admit that it's kinda hard to hold that type of job and not kvetch. In private, at least.

Me? I'm still searching. It's been over a year since I got laid off so I suspect I'll have to renew my application.

I've been trying to resist commenting on the job situation but I will say this: I don't think God will look too kindly upon the type of employers who are using this time to take advantage of people.

In other news, a young person in my training class complained about how the "old" people were taking up the good jobs that would normally be open to people his age. (He was in his late teens.) Ironically, the last time I spoke to a fortysomething co-worker who had also been laid off by my former employer, she gave the impression that all the good jobs were going to the young folks and that people her age were being passed over because they were "over-qualified." That just goes to show it's always something.

Perhaps it would be easier to acknowledge that no one group is getting off scot-free in this economy. Except for employers. And I'm sure they have their troubles too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home