Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte V

I'm actually receiving unemployment now so I'm stressing out a lot less over bills though money is still tight for obvious reasons.

Because so many family members are unemployed this year, my mother made us draw names so that each of us only had to buy one adult a gift. The rest of our gift efforts were to be spent on the children.

I've gone on a few interviews but so far without success. Indeed, I was depressed to learn that at least two of the unsolicited e-mails I received after posting my resume on several on-line sites came from sites that had been denounced as scams by various sources on the Internet. It's a good thing I checked them out before filling out an application. But I can't help but be fearful on behalf of those potential applicants who may be too desperate to resist such e-mails. I usually don't like waxing moralistic but I would like to believe that there's a special place in Hell reserved for those scam artists who prey upon the poor and the unemployed.

On the bright side, the female friend I was so worried about in the last installment of this feature passed her drug test. She's still having problems but at least flunking her drug test and losing her job as a result aren't among them.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home