Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Political Quotes I Like

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
--Lord Acton

Posterity: You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.
--John Quincy Adams

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
--Andrew Carnegie

The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday they might force their beliefs on us.
--Mario Cuomo

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.
--Malcolm Forbes

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
--Anatole France

I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat.
--Will Rogers

I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.
--Harry Truman

If you think too much about being re-elected, it is very difficult to be worth re-electing.
--Woodrow Wilson

If I am not for myself, who is for me? If I am only for myself what am I? And if not now, when?
--Hillel

There is value in taking a stand, whether or not anybody may be noticing it, or whether or not it is a risky thing to do.
--Teresa Heinz Kerry

I believe I have voted for both Democrats and Republicans. Am I either one? Absolutely not. Ladies and gentlemen, I am an American.
--David Letterman

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home