Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Las Amigas de Tonio Kruger: The Saga Continues

Yes, this has been a rather soap-opera-ish month for yours truly and every time I think the worst has happened, something else happens. If it doesn't happen to me, it happens to a friend of mine.

I suppose it could be argued that I could have encountered far worse. All my family members are healthy, knock wood, and once I got my engagement ring back from my former girlfriend's family, most of my troubles concerning that situation went away. I still wish things could have turned out differently in regard to my engagement, and if the problems had been just between her and me, I think we could have managed to muddle through them. But, unfortunately, my would-be in-laws got involved, and then suddenly everything got complicated.

Oh, well. As one friend has pointed out, a broken engagement is still better than a broken marriage. And at least the whole crisis taught me something I would have otherwise not learned until after I had gotten married.

Anyway the latest happening to involve one of my friends occurred this weekend when Mi Mejor Amiga got bitten by a dog. The dog has been quarantined by Animal Control, but Mi Mejor Amiga still had to get shots just in case.

If that wasn't bad enough, she had to go into the hospital yesterday and have surgery performed upon one of her hands. Since Mi Mejor Amiga is a RMT (Registered Massage Therapist) and her job obviously involves working with her hands, this wasn't something she was eager to do, but it had to be done.

Anyway, I'm praying that everything went well and that the bad times are over for now. I know bad times never really go away, but sometimes it seems like they do, and I can't wait till that happens.

And, yes, I will return to far cheeriest subjects in the near-future... if I can.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home