Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things I'm Thankful For

1. My mother. She hasn't had a good year, and I'm grateful that she is still hanging in there and in good health.
2. My girlfriend and bride-to-be. (No, they aren't two different people.)
3. My siblings, who have been more patient with me this year than perhaps they should be.
4. Mi mejor amiga, who has been more patient with me this year than I would have been in her place.
5. My health. (Never a thing to take for granted at my age.)
6. My job. (Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a job this time of year.)
7. My co-workers. (Especially mi amiga M____, the old movie buff who patiently has allowed me to bend her ear regarding various personal problems. And mis amigas D_____ and J____, who have given me lots of valuable advice in regard to women. Or is that vice versa?)
8. My sister's daughter, who has taken to my bride-to-be with a warmth and affection I would not have thought possible had I not seen it with my own eyes. Already, my bride-to-be is an aunt as far as my sister's daughter is concerned, and I'm not about to disagree with her.
9. My relatives in Detroit, California and Washington, D.C., who as always, continue to inspire me far more than they will ever know.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home