Monday, November 12, 2007

They're Tearing Down Tim Riley's Mall

Yes, I know. Smart Americans aren't supposed to wax nostalgic over shopping malls any more than we should wax nostalgic over disco, Nehru jackets or Elvis movies.

And yet the shutdown of a local shopping mall had my girlfriend so depressed that I could not help but share her sadness. After all, I had spent a lot of good times there too and though most of the places where I had the most fun (the mall movie theatre, the Orange Julius, the local Barnes & Noble, etc.) closed down a long time ago, I still found myself sad when it was announced that the mall would be permanently closed down and torn down in order to make way for a new Lowe's. Yes, all things must pass, but it's still surprising how fast they do.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home