Saturday, January 11, 2020

Movie Song of the Week: "Walking in Space"

I must admit that I have always had mixed feelings about the various songs inspired by drug culture -- perhaps because I know too many real-life examples of the downside of the lifestyle inspired by said culture that can't be explained away as DEA propaganda.

And yet there's no denying the poetry in such songs like this one -- even if it reminds me of the old saying involving moths and flames.

It doesn't hurt that this particular song from the 1979 movie Hair featured a nice solo by actress Betty Buckley -- an actress usually best known for having played the gym teacher in the 1976 thriller Carrie. Ms. Buckley did such a nice job on her solo that I did not realize until recently that the young Vietnamese girl who mouthed her words on screen wasn't the real singer of the song. The things one learns as one gets older...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home