Sunday, January 06, 2019

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Doctor Who (The Second Series): “The Sound of Drums”

If "Utopia" -- the previous episode to this episode deserved credit for having the best cliffhanger endings of the second series of Doctor Who, this episode deserved equal credit -- or rather blame -- for having one of the show's dumber endings.

It did have some clever bits -- such as using a version of the Doctor Who theme to represent the sound that was driving John Simm's Master character crazy. But for the most part, it seemed too melodramatic even for me -- and I usually like melodrama.

The plot can be best be summed by these song lyrics:

John Simm: I’m number one, you’re Doctor Who.

We’re aliens at large, but I’m at larger than you.

I’m number one, you’re Doctor Who.
I believe in equality as long as you get less than me.
I’m one, you’re Doctor Who.
You may think that you’re smarter, but I’m smarter-er than you.

I’m number one, you’re Doctor Who.
You’re lucky to be Doctor Who not Doctor She.

I can see by the look in your eye
You want to get a bigger piece of the pie.
One day you’ll get your chance
But in the meantime you’ve got to dance, doctor, dance!

David Tennant: Really?

John Simm: Do it, dance, Doctor, dance!

A-ha!

David Tennant: I’m Doctor Who, he’s number one.
I can’t believe I’m working for a Gallifreyan.
I’m Doctor Who, he’s number one.

John Simm: I’M NUMBER ONE!

David Tennant: You know life ain’t worth shit, when your boss is a twit.
I can see it’s just a matter of time
Before he’s gone and I’m at the front of the line.
It won’t be long ’til I’ll get my chance.
But in the meantime, I’ve got to dance, Doctor, dance.

John Simm: That’s it, number two! Come on, dance, Doctor, dance!
Now watch me…

John Simm: I’m number one. David Tennant: He’s number one.

John Simm: You’re Doctor Who. David Tennant: I’m Doctor Whoooooo.

John Simm: That’s it kid, there you go. Now step aside, this ain’t your show!

John Simm: I’m one. David Tennant: I’m one.

John Simm: I’m number one. David Tennant: Yes, we know.

John Simm: I’m number one.

David Tennant: He’s number one.

John Simm: That’s how it’s done.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lord Mark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home