Sunday, January 06, 2019

Movie Song of the Week: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

Yes, I posted the Ted Weems version of this song in an earlier post. Now I post the original version that was used in the 1934 movie Moulin Rouge. (Yes, Baz Luhrmann fans, that title does sound familiar.)

Why am I posting this, you ask? Well, the Helen Ward version has been in my head for the past couple of days so I thought I'd post this version as well. And it didn't hurt that this version had the most unique variation on the traditional Mexican hat dance that I've ever seen.

Contrary to what you might think, the musical numbers were not choreographed by Busby Berkeley but by an imitator named Russell Markert. And the vocalist is supposed to be Constance Bennett, an actress who did one other musical apart from this one.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home