Monday, August 08, 2016

R.I.P. Mi Mejor Amiga

My best friend killed herself this weekend. I don't know why she did it and I don't know how. Nor does any of that matter to me at this moment.

She was one of the best things in my life for many years and she helped save my life on at least one occasion. She always gave me someone to talk to when I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone else and I would like to think that I was able to return the favor more than a few times.

Since she was older than me and had less health problems, I never expected to outlive her. But I did.

She will be missed by many people but especially by me. For what that's worth...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Bluejay said...

Tonio,

You'd been gone from FlickFilosopher for a while, so I thought I'd check in. I'm so sorry to hear about your best friend. I lost my best friend earlier this year too, and it was a complete and devastating surprise to me. This year has been terrible on so many levels. Please hang in there.

Sending you all my good wishes,
Bluejay

4:52 AM  
Blogger MaryAnn Johanson said...

Tonio:

I've only just heard (thanks to Bluejay) about what you're going through. Such awful news -- you have my deepest condolences.

I know that even the best-intentioned words of others often feel empty and meaningless when you're grieving, so just know that you have a virtual family in the Flick Filosopher community, and we will be happy to see you back with us whenever you are ready.

MaryAnn

5:13 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Bluejay and MaryAnn mentioned this blog post to me, and I wanted you to know how sorry I am about your loss. As I'm sure you know, you have a lot of love and support from members of the FlickFilosopher community, even when—especially when—we don't agree.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Anon said...

Tonio,

Likewise, Bluejay let me know. I am so very sorry for your incredible loss. I also miss you around FlickFilosopher and hope you have the support you need for your grief.

Holding you in the Light my friend (with whom I have been known to Internet Rage).

LaSargenta

5:54 AM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Thank you all for your kind and sympathetic comments. I know I don't post online as often as I used to and there are many reasons for that that are totally unrelated to my friend's death. But I appreciate the comments nonetheless and I hope to post more on the Flick Filosopher site in the near-future.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

Glad to see you around!

LaSargenta

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home