Monday, January 12, 2015

Book of the Week


This was the first book by Michele Serros that I ever read. She wrote one previous to this one called Chicano Falsa: And Other Stories of Death, Identity, and Oxnard that I would read later on but this was the first one that introduced me to Ms. Serros' style. A style that was serious and yet not so serious. A style that did not so much intend to follow in the pen strokes of other Chicano writers as to blaze a path for those readers who are not usually thought of by most literary types.

I wish I had thought to mention this book way earlier but I suspect that I feared my words would not be able to do justice to it. And yet there are times when it is better to risk saying the wrong thing than to say nothing at all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home