Saturday, July 05, 2014

Random Thoughts

What does it say about the average non-Catholic's powers of observation that you routinely see Communion wafers described on the Internet as crackers, magic bread, and cookies but never as actual wafers? If these wafers were part of a secret ceremony that is rarely glimpsed by the public, I could understand this type of error. But when you consider how easy it is to attend a Catholic Mass, you have to wonder.

Money comes in like molasses in January and goes out like water in July.

You know it is really hot outside when you find yourself actually looking forward to a cold shower.

The last time I had to pick up a package from the U.S. Post Office, it took me about twenty minutes and I was able to pick up the package at a location about two freeway exits away from my home. The last time I had to pick up a package from one of the U.S. Post Office's competitors, I had to drive halfway across town, wait several hours and consider myself lucky that I was able to pick it up that night and did not have to come back the next morning like I did the last time I picked up a package at that location. So naturally it is the U.S. Post Office that is supposed to be going away in a few years and its competitors which are likely to stick around for a long time to come...

Lending money is like gambling: do not use money that you can not afford to do without for a long while. Because a long while is usually how long you will have to wait for repayment -- and that is a best-case scenario.

If art is a conversation, why do so many of my experiences with it tend to end in arguments?

For the first half of my life, I used to worry that I was too much like my mother and not enough like my father. Now I worry that I am too much like my father and not enough like my mother.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home