Sunday, July 03, 2011

Hey, I Remember This Show: The Patty Duke Show

Given the type of things actress Patty Duke has said about her teenage years in her autobiography, it seems like a sick joke for me to have any fond memories of this show. But at least I still find the theme to be catchy. And if nothing else, this show's existence in my own childhood might explain my own obsession with female cousins and for that matter, the fact that I once fell head over heels for a woman named Cathy. Of course, if the Cathy in question had looked anything like Patty Duke, that would be strange, but fortunately, she didn't.

As for the real-life Patty Duke, I wish for her sake that life had been as pleasant for her off-screen as it seemed to be on-screen. But that was not to be.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home