Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Song of the Week: “Put the Blame on Mame”

In honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month, it's everyone's favorite entertainer Margarita Carmen Cansino (aka Rita Hayworth) in a number from 1946's Gilda. Ironically, Ms. Cansino is probably best known today for being the original inspiration for Jessica Rabbit, an animated redhead in the 1988 flick Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, which was inspired by the character Ms. Cansino played in this movie.

(Edited to add: Please ignore what I said about Jessica Rabbit here. I used to think that Ms. Lake's character in that movie was a good candidate for potential inspiring the creation of Ms. Rabbit but apparently the official title goes to Ms. Hayworth.)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the number. Personally, I preferred Ms. Cansino as a brunette but then they didn't make this movie for me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home