Thursday, September 16, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XIX

I'm still officially in limbo as far as the job market is concerned. I am still in limbo as far as TEC (the Texas Employment Commission) is concerned too.

I am still looking but I find it increasingly hard not to feel depressed.

I got so far low on cash I actually paid a visit to one of the local blood banks last week to get some extra money. Of course, most such places don't admit to buying blood anymore; they admit to buying plasma. And thanks to the AIDS crisis, they don't miss an opportunity to lecture would-be donors on the symptoms of HIV -- or to discourage any would-be donor who may be looking for a free HIV test.

It seemed like it took forever to donate my blood the first time I went but this week it went quicker. I would rather not go again but I suspect I may have to if I do not find a job this week. I just hope my veins hold out.

Anyway, I gave up my cable and my cell phone last week in order to cut back on expenses. I'm beginning to wish I had done it sooner but then there is a lot of things I wish I had done a long time ago. And regret is not particularly helpful right now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home