Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: Room 222

Wow! Public schools had racial diversity back in the 1970s? Who knew?

Seriously, I grew up with this show but I never made it through an entire episode. Actor Michael Constantine -- who played the principal--is probably more famous to today's TV viewers for his role as the Greek patriarch in My Big Fat Greek Wedding than for his role on this show. I wish I knew what happened to the rest of the cast -- especially cute adorable Karen Valentine -- but I do not.

By the way, I found it interesting to hear people on YouTube comment on how the opening of this show seemed so hopeful and carefree in its view of the younger generation compared to the way young people are viewed today. To listen to such people talk, one would never guess that this show aired during a time when war crimes, political scandals, and environmental disasters were routinely featured on the evening news and adults in real life frequently badmouthed those damn teenagers and college students. It would be interesting to tune in forty years from now and see what people using the most popular media of the day think about our "carefree" times.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home