Monday, September 13, 2010

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Six Feet Under: “Pilot”

The first time I tried to watch this episode over five years ago, I had to shut it off because I was still grieving over my late father and the last thing I really wanted to watch was anything that reminded me of dead fathers.

After enough time had passed, I was able to watch it and even appreciate it. It's probably best known to today's viewers as the show that first introduced actor Michael C. Hall, best known today for playing the title character in Dexter. In this series, Hall played a closeted gay mortician named David Fisher.

When his father dies in a traffic accident, Fisher is forced to take over running the family business: a funeral home. His irresponsible brother Nathaniel supposedly comes home to help out but is not all that useful. Meanwhile, his sister Claire is struggling with the fact that she was high on crystal meth when she first got the news of her father's death and his mother is feeling guilty over her infidelity to her late husband.

So...good times.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home