Friday, September 03, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: The Paper Chase

One of the most popular unwatched TV shows of my generation, The Paper Chase routinely received accolades from critics and snubs from TV viewers when it aired on prime-time TV in the late 1970s and again on cable in the early 1980s. I remember being a regular viewer but then I was in the minority. And it is depressing to note how many members of this show's cast -- apart from director-turned-actor John Houseman -- have since vanished into obscurity. (Okay, Jan Kaczmarek of future Malcolm in the Middle fame was on for one season but apparently her character was not important enough to appear in these credits.)

On a brighter note, I cannot help but wonder how Houseman's Professor Kingsfield would have dealt with the more eccentric lawyers of Boston Legal. Something tells me he would not have put with any such nonsense if he had the opportunity to run a courtroom.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home