Friday, September 24, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: I Love Lucy

Hey, who didn't watch this show growing up? True, most of us are way too young to remember seeing it in prime time but it always seemed to be around in reruns. And I remember being particularly obsessed with it because the Desi Arnaz character reminded me so much of my father. (No, my father wasn't Cuban nor did he sing for a living but otherwise, he had a lot in common personalitywise with Mr. Arnaz.)

Anyway, I suspect poor Desi might never have gotten as many laughs on this show as his co-star Lucille Ball. However, after Arnaz built up Desilu Studios (the studio he started with Ms. Ball) into a major power in the TV business, he undoubtedly laughed all the way to the bank.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home