Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: Hawaii Five-O

Like Here Comes the Brides, this show is just old enough that I remember having multiple opportunities to watch this show in reruns and in prime time. Yet for some reason I never watched an episode. Perhaps it is because that all-so-memorable theme seemed almost impossible to top by anything that could be shown on TV during the 1970s. Or perhaps I just did not find shows about Hawaii to be all that interesting -- though I must confess that I find the women in the intro to be quite attractive.

I still remember a letter to the editor which I had once read which compared the fuss made over Miami Vice back in the mid-80s to the fuss made over this show when it debuted in the late 1960s. Both were popular cop shows set in an exotic location involving multiracial characters and, of course, both were very popular in their heyday -- and yet both eventually faded to oblivion in the eyes of the terminally fashionable. Which makes one wonder how today's shows will fare? Will anyone be bothering to watch JAG or CSI in the year 2025? Or, for that matter, Lost or Mad Men?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home