Friday, June 18, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: Here Comes The Brides

Wow! Spock's dad was on this show?

I knew about Ms. Blondell and Mr. Sherman appearing on this TV series but I kinda forgot that David Soul -- the future Hutch of TV's Starsky and Hutch -- appeared on here too. Apparently this was a TV version of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I had umpteen chances to see it in prime time and syndication when I was growing up but I do not actually recall making it through a single episode. And I must confess that intro seems a little weird to watch at a time when Seattle is no longer identified primarily with lumber camps.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

I have to come clean and admit that I watched this series as a youngster--but for some reason I never cared for the lyrics to what was otherwise one of the best opening themes in TV history.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Yes, that theme would be awesome if not for the lyrics.

Since you're coming clean about that, I must admit that I used to listen to Bobby Sherman singles every so often as a kid. "Little Woman" was my favorite and the one song our family actually owned on 45 but I don't recall which one of my siblings actually broke down and bought that record.

Thank you for commenting.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Since you're coming clean about that, I must admit that I used to listen to Bobby Sherman singles every so often as a kid. "Little Woman" was my favorite and the one song our family actually owned on 45 but I don't recall which one of my siblings actually broke down and bought that record.

Hey, I'm not ashamed to admit it--I like Little Woman, too!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home