Sunday, June 20, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XIV

Just as I was on the verge of writing a whole post filled with repetitions of the phrase "No work and no play make Jack a dull boy," I finally got some good news. My tax refund check arrived yesterday.

My middle brother suspects it might have been initially delayed because I didn't use the pre-written address sticker in my income tax book. Apparently there are two different addresses you send your tax forms to: one of which reads only the forms with that sticker and one that reads only the forms in which the address is written out by hand. I usually catch errors like that and considering the fact that I had lived in the same place for over six years, I really didn't think it would have made that big a deal. But apparently it did.

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Perhaps it's just as well it didn't arrive before this week. The Texas Employment Commission is cutting off my benefits while they investigate the reasons I was let go by the employer mentioned in the last installment of this series. Depending on what they find, my benefits may or may not be reinstated. So it's just as well I have that refund check to fall back on in addition to the check I receive this coming week for training.

Hopefully, I'll find a job before I'm once again dependent on the kindness of strangers but it's not easy to find work nowadays and it's so easy to get discouraged. I had two interviews last Monday and Wednesday but both lasted shorter than I expected and I haven't heard from either company since then.

My family and friends have been supportive and I welcome their support. But I'll still be glad when I'm finally back to earning a paycheck.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home