Friday, June 11, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XIII

It looks like I spoke too soon.

I have been training for the new position all week and doing what I thought to have been an okay job when I finally flunked a crucial test. And unfortunately, that one test was the one I should not have flunked. Ironically, it involved my physical skills more than my mental skills.

So now I am depressed and going back to a mode I had thought I would be done with for a long while. After all, I had had high hopes for this job and I had actually relished the thought of working for a company for which my late father once worked. (Not that I would have working in the same department that he did. But I would have been working for the same company that used to sign his paychecks.)

On the plus side, I learned new respect for factory workers, especially the type who work with microchips and cleanrooms. Of course, I grew up around cousins and uncles who were factory workers and my late father used to work on an assembly line before he became a computer programmer -- no, seriously, he did -- so it is not like I ever dissed blue-collar workers too much. But I did take their work for granted, and now that I had the opportunity to see for myself what they go through each day, I hope that I never get so complacent as to take it for granted again.

So I am applying online again and hoping that the same agency that gave me this opportunity calls up with another one before too long. Plus I still had a week's worth of unemployment coming to me along with my eagerly awaited tax refund check and a not so eagerly awaited rebate check.

So as much as I hate going back to square one, I am not in as bad a shape as I could be.

Edited to add:

Cool! I already have an interview for next week. I'm already crossing my fingers.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bluejay said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out, Tonio. I'll keep wishing you luck--unless I'm actually unlucky, in which case you should probably make an averting gesture and say "Avaunt!" at me or something. :-)

Hang in there.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Thank you, Bluejay.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home