Monday, November 16, 2009

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

The Office (U.S.): “Murder”

Oh, my. It is yet another episode about the possibility of the people at the Dunder-Mifflin paper company losing their jobs. I do not know how the good folks in TVland can possibly expect me to relate to that.

Okay, I am being unduly cynical. But I am not sure that the show's decision to endorse Michael Scott's “bread and circuses” approach to bad news -- he reacts to a rumor the company might declare bankruptcy by holding an impromptu session of a mystery role-playing game in order to distract his employees -- is all that good an idea --even when Jim Halpert -- ordinarily the most logical guy in the office -- chooses to endorse it as well.

But we will see. I once thought a certain subplot last season would be bad and it ended up surprising me so maybe they will pull off a similar trick this time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home