Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Can't Log Onto Home Again

Should I not find it sad that whenever I log onto Facebook to correspond with my cousins, I find myself wanting to save anything major for private E-mail? And that more often than not, I end up sharing more of my thoughts with the strangers on other sites than with the relatives I've known since childhood?

Then again it has generally taken me years to find out some personal stuff about people I meet face-to-face every day. Not just casual acquaintances but good friends and co-workers.

It's gotten to the point where I don't really trust anyone who spills that much of their guts on Facebook because I'm so used to having to get to know someone slowly. But then the best relationships don't develop overnight and aren't necessarily enhanced by a computer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home