Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Heroes: “An Invisible Thread”

I was going to post something about every Heroes episode that aired this season, but I kinda lost interest after the season finale and it's not like the episodes were inspiring my best thoughts anyway.

I wish I could say that the third season of this series was an improvement over the second, but no, not really. If anything, it seemed even more disappointing than the last season because neither the writers nor the characters seem to have learned anything. And the entire show seemed to have lost direction altogether.

Moreover, the writers appeared to have lost interest in any character on the show who is not Sylar or Noah Bennett. Even Claire Bennett -- whom I had thought to be a popular character -- is not getting all that much decent dialogue and don't get me started on the increasingly tiresome Petrelli brothers, Peter and Nathan.

While I had liked to think that former writer Bryan Fuller's return to the show was going to improve things, all it really appeared to have changed was to produce yet more emphasis on everyone's favorite supervillain Sylar. Indeed, even when the show has an inspired idea, it appears to refute said idea by the next episode. Has Sylar reformed? No, he didn't. Does Angela Petrelli tell all? No, she doesn't. Does Hiro get his powers back? No, not quite.

And most insulting of all, so-and-so is killed. But wait, another character -- who just happens to have shape-shifting powers -- is being hypnotized to take his place. Never mind that such a twist doesn't make any sense to anyone who's not a staff writer desperate to prevent the loss of a single cast member. (And, btw, just where were these staff writers when they killed off one of my favorite supporting characters earlier this season?) That's what the writers decided and that's what we're going to get.

I would be so surprised if this show had much of an audience next season. And, sorry, trying to bribe me with the image of a naked blonde at the end of this episode is not going to make me change my mind about this show, guys.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home