Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whew!

Tax season is finally over.

Now I gotta work on earning next year's taxes.

But seriously, folks...

It became obvious over the Easter weekend that my family is not as insulated from the current economic crisis as I had thought. One family member has been laid off (but found another job, gracias a Dios), and the others are having money worries. I myself know at least three people who were laid off last month -- people who lost their job not because they were lazy or incompetent or dishonest but because their employers need to make budget cuts and they were the unlucky people who got to have their positions sacrificed for such cuts.

On the plus side, my sister has given up Starbuck's so maybe some little good may come of this crisis...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home