Monday, April 13, 2009

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Dollhouse: “A Spy in the House of Love”

Actually, if you want to get technical about it, this episode has two characters who can be classified as “spies in the house of love.”

Plus Agent Ballard finds out a shocking secret about Mellie. A secret even Mellie herself doesn't know -- and can't ever know. Talk about putting stress on a relationship.

And yes, contrary to what last week's episode hinted, Echo is still in the Dollhouse.

And we learn that the Dollhouse's boss lady, Adelle DeWitt, has a human side. Not that that changes the fact that she is not the type of person that you want to have angry with you but still.

I must confess that Olivia Williams' performance as Adelle is one of the few reasons I've been as patient with this series as I have been. I wish I could say the same about Eliza Dushku's performance as Echo but at this point, no. I give Ms. Dushku credit for being a good sport about some of the costumes she has to wear on this show, but it would be nice if the show got to the point where it didn't have to rely on the sight of Ms. Dushku in a tight-fitting outfit to keep its ratings.

Anyway, plot elements are finally starting to jell and characters are starting to get more complex. Will it be enough to save the show for a second season?

I don't know. But I suppose we'll always have fan fic.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home