Thursday, April 16, 2009

Abandon All Metal, All Ye Who Enter Here

I had the opportunity to go into this club the other night -- only I balked the minute I realized that going in meant emptying my pockets and submitting to a metal detector not too dissimilar to the ones employed at the entrances to courthouses and airports.

Now I understand the various reasons why a club may use metal detectors on its would-be customers.

But I'm also aware that such use inevitably produces at least one of two assumptions among would-be customers like myself:

1. The club in question doesn't trust its customers.

2. The club in question tends to attract the type of people who don't deserve to be trusted.

Neither of which exactly inspires me to go into such a place and start spending money.

So I didn't go in.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home