Saturday, February 07, 2009

Movie Song of the Week: “Honeymoon Hotel”

It's been over a year since my breakup with my former bride-to-be and theoretically I should be staying away from songs like this. But it's the humor of songs like this that helped me get over that breakup so I'll go ahead and post this anyway.

“Honeymoon Hotel” is from one of my favorite movies -- 1933's Footlight Parade -- and while I can't say it's my absolute favorite song from that movie (that title would go to “Shanghai Lil”), it is my absolute second favorite. And not necessarily for the reason you think.

There's a lot I can say about this number but I don't wish to post any spoilers. However, I can't resist noting how many double entendres this number gets away with. Apparently those people in the 1930s weren't as prudish as we like to think they were. But then this is from a pre-Code movie.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home