Saturday, November 08, 2008

Movie Song of the Week: “April in Paris”

I tried all week -- since Wednesday morning, at least -- to think of a song for this week that wouldn't come across as a cliché.

But the closest I could come with this was a certain song from 1974's Blazing Saddles. I'm not sure why I was inspired to choose this. Okay, part of me knows why I chose it but that part is currently pleading the Fifth as we speak.

Besides, Self-Styled Siren already picked another choice.

Anyway, the song I chose does make for a nifty video though, right? And how often do you see a Count Basie song played nowadays?

I hope you enjoy it.



Plus, as a special bonus, you get this special TV Song of the Week:



Oddly appropriate given the assorting mutterings I've been reading on the Internet. But perhaps I'm being unduly pessimistic. I would like to think I am...

Anyway, I was going to post the version from 1983's The Big Chill but there's something about the smugness of certain characters in that scene that just seemed so wrong to me. Especially when I thought about the experience I had at my father's funeral.

Then again I've always preferred John Sayles's Return of the Secausus Seven anyway.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home