Thursday, June 28, 2007

Make It a Biblioteca Night!

Biblioteca, of course, is Spanish for “library” and that's been where I have been spending most of my free time as of late (when I'm not updating this site or surfing elsewhere on the Net, of course).

My favorite biblioteca so far is the Garland Central Library. Not only does it have a good selection of books, but it also has a growing selection of DVDs that compares quite admirably to the collections of local video stores. If I choose, I have the opportunity to rent, say, La Dolce Vita, The Seven Samurai, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Sullivan's Travels, Intolerance, 1776, and many other classic films I can rarely rent any place else.

Yes, I know it's not exactly hip to admit to renting DVDs from the local library, but I don't really care what is hip anymore. Besides, it never hurts to be frugal.

Indeed, it might be argued that it is very unhip to spend money just for the sake of spending money.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home