Thursday, June 14, 2007

An Anniversary -- Of Sorts

It was one year ago this past Wednesday that I first met the current love of my life. We have been dating for a year now and we're still not tired of each other.

Last night we celebrated the anniversary of our first date, and if all continues to go well, then it should be the first of many anniversary celebrations. I dare not try to predict the future. After all, there have been many times throughout my life in which I thought I found a woman who was “The One,” but this time I think I really found her. She is a bit younger than I would have imagined, but I believe age matters little when two people are truly in love.

We have similar taste in music, similar taste in movies, and similar tastes in TV shows. My family adores her and so far her family seems to be pleased with me.

Will it all work out? Who knows?

A year and a half ago, I was quite certain that I was in love with someone quite different. Unfortunately, it turned out that my love was unrequited. The last thing I wanted after that was to get involved in another serious relationship and since the woman I used to be in love with had been in her late thirties, I certainly did not want to get involved with yet another younger woman.

But mi mejor amiga introduced me to the current amor de mi vida one day and after our first date, it seemed obvious that mi amor and I were fated to be together. Every time I look into mi amor's eyes, I see an expression of love which I never could have imagined seeing in the face of a woman who was looking in my direction. I like to think that she sees a similar expression every time I look at her.

I'm not the easiest person to love, and I've told her this. I consider it a great compliment that she's willing to take the chance.

I may look on these words some day and consider them a bad joke. But I don't think so.

It was becoming increasingly obvious to me that I needed a companion in my life. I just didn't want to admit that to myself because I thought it was not possible for me to find someone like my current amor de mi vida. Now I have.

I hope she stays in my life for a long time to come. And that I, of course, stay in her life as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home