Thursday, July 23, 2020

The New Movie Normal

Due to various health and economic issues, I had pretty much resigned myself to not seeing any movies in the conventional fashion weeks before the current Corona virus crisis. What happened since then has only confirmed the idea that I was right to do so.

In a way, it's a shame. After all, some of the best memories of my life involve movie theatres.

On the other hand, I really don't see anyone with as many breathing issues as I have being all that comfortable wearing a mask for two hours just to watch a movie that I could see far more safely at home. Add to that the fact that movie theatres seem to be charging me more and more while providing me with less and less and suddenly cable TV and DVDs don't seem like bad alternatives.

Besides, the only real change I see on the horizon is an end to library rentals. My local library is finally allowing patrons to check out and check in books but the check out process is by appointment only and while I don't mind going through all that to read a book, going through all that to rent a movie is another story.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel charls said...

I don't recall what happened that morning seven years ago. I just don't think about it every moment of the day.
for any query or support go here

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home