Friday, May 15, 2020

Trailer of the Week: Blinded by the Light (2019)

I could probably spend all day unpacking the issues that this movie reminded me of but perhaps the most important aspect of this flick that deserves notice is that it was far, far better than the trailer indicated. At least in my humble opinion.

Mind you, I was a big Springsteen fan back in the day as well. But I don't recall having any big epiphanies in regard to his music and those emotional reactions that I did have probably would not make for a good movie. Which is just as well since while there is always going to be a little part of me that remembers listening to the music my fellow sixth-graders listened to and being more curious about that music than I was about the Mexican music I heard at home, there is also another part of me that still feels nostalgic whenever he hears that type of Mexican music.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home