Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Writing Fanfic

For some odd reason, I have been writing a lot of fanfic lately and not the reality kind either. Though it may be argued that fanfic is not a recent thing for me -- after all, this story certainly qualifies as fanfic and so does this one -- I do seem to be writing more fanfic nowadays than I ever imagined I would be. In fact, I've written so much fanfic that it seems harder and harder for me to make it through the day without writing at least one chapter of a fanfic story.

If nothing else, such experiences have made me understand why so many people find writing fanfic to be so addictive. Granted, I can readily understand why most people don't consider it all that respectable to "create" new stories using another person's characters. And my main intention in writing these stories is not to rob another writer of his or her just desserts. And yet writing such stories have taught me more about the craft of storytelling than I ever learned from more respectable sources.

Besides, I do not intend to keep writing fanfic all my life. But as long as I receive "likes" on the site where I post my stories, I'm not likely to stop any time soon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home