Friday, September 18, 2015

Donald Does Dallas

Well, if Donald Trump's recent rally in Dallas proved one thing, it's that the guy really knows how to put a show. For that matter, he's rather shameless about sucking up to an audience as long as it's the right audience -- but then what politician isn't rather shameless about doing that?

That said, I still don't trust the guy and I would not be a bit surprised to find out that most of his "supporters" are just voting for him to yank the chains of the type of people who don't like Donald Trump. (And I'm not referring to people like me.)

I do find it interesting that though my mother and my middle brother both lean conservative -- indeed, my middle brother can be very conservative when it comes to politics -- neither one of them is a Trump supporter. But then Trump isn't interested in appealing to people like us so I'm not all that surprised.

Anyway, it sounds like it's going to be an interesting election year next year. And if nothing else, Donald Trump deserves credit for stealing Rand Paul's thunder -- which is probably the last nice thing I'll say about Mr. Trump this year.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home