Friday, October 03, 2014

R.I.P. Mi Tío Materno

I found out last night that my mother's youngest brother has passed away.

I drove my mother to the airport this morning so that she could fly to Detroit and attend his funeral.

I am still getting used to my aunt's passing back in January and I feel bad for my mother since she was obviously a lot closer to my late uncle than I was. I know theoretically that none of my relatives are immortal but it was still quite a blow to see it proved so obviously.

I already lit a candle in his honor at a local church and no doubt I will be praying for him, his wife and his children many times this weekend.

I just hope that will be a long time before I have to say such prayers again. And it goes without saying that just like my late aunt, my late uncle will be missed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home