Monday, July 18, 2011

Tech Support Follies

No, my home computer isn't fixed yet. But the process of trying to restore my Internet connection has been amusing. For example, a Tech Support rep from a local store hooked up my hard drive unit to a store monitor and then tried to tell me my motherboard was fried because it wasn't showing anything on the monitor.

Of course, when I got my unit back home and attached it to my own monitor, it worked just fine -- apart from the Internet connection which had been the original problem.

I know my computer is old. I know it is obsolete. But if it's possible to get it hooked up to the Internet again, I'm going to keep using it as long as it works. And if I can't get my connection restored, I may have to get rid of my home Internet connection altogether until I can save up for a new computer.

I'll let you all know what happens. Thank you all for your patience.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home