Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hey, I Remember This Show: Shazzan

That Chuck and Nancy. It seems like they were always getting into trouble.

Such are the memories I have of this 1967 animated series which was basically one of my first introductions to the world of The Arabian Nights. Not to be confused with a certain cartoon series from the 1980s which went under a similar name, this show probably would not be made today due to its Arab villains and its Anglo-American hero and heroine. Not to mention the helpful dark-skinned genie who always seemed all too pleased to help his young light-skinned masters. But I still have a soft spot for it -- despite any protests I may be receiving from the Arabs which are rumored to exist in my family tree. Then again I still have a soft spot for Sinbad Jr. and His Magic Belt.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home