Friday, July 09, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: Sinbad Jr. and His Magic Belt

I am guessing that the original Sinbad from The Arabian Nights was nothing like this. I remember watching -- and liking -- this show as a child but then again I was a child back then. Who knew the same approach would be still employed by Hollywood more than four decades later?

Update: As noted in the comments section, there is an even older version of this theme song from a yet older version of this series. Thanks a million to Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. of the Thrilling Days of Yesteryear site for pointing this out.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

This series was a big part of my childhood, watching it weekday mornings on Kartoon Karnival. But I always found the Hanna-Barbera version opening a little too sedate...I prefer the original Sam Singer/Trans-Artists version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_2QbRvM_o

9:54 PM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Wow! The Sam Singer/Trans-Artists version is even closer to the opening of the cartoons I remember from this series than the version I posted. And here I thought I was doing well to have established that the series had not been the product of my imagination.

Thanks a million, Ivan.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home