Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Legacy Continues

One of the most surprising discoveries of this year's Christmas season is the fact that my sister's son is proving to be quite a reader. Granted, his mother is a reader, his maternal grandmother is a reader and his mother's oldest brother (yours truly) is a reader so this really shouldn't come as a surpise. But still I really wasn't expecting to see a boy his age so into reading.

For what it's worth, his favorite reading material thus far appears to be Tom Clancy novels which might explain his addiction. Then again my mother is also a big Tom Clancy fan and I'd hardly consider her to be the type of person most people imagine when they think of a Tom Clancy fan.

Again, it's going to be interesting to see if my nephew keeps up his interest in reading or if it proves to be as much a fad as his taste for Pokemon and Power Rangers. Time will tell.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home