Monday, October 11, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XXI

Well, the new job I was talking about last time was supposed to start on October 8 and it is now October 11 so I guess I didn't get it.

If that wasn't bad enough, I had some unexpected car repairs I had to undergo. Plus I learned the hard way to always make sure you have a car jack in your trunk. Though I must admit it was a bit amusing to find out how difficult it was to find a car jack nowadays without going to an auto parts store. Given all the stores out there which don't specialize in auto parts but which have auto parts sections, I would have thought it would be easy to buy one but apparently not. Perhaps that is because jacks aren't something you buy on a regular basis so stores looking to save room in their auto parts inventory inevitably choose to not carry them.

Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have enough cash on hand to take care of the car repairs without having to borrow from my family but I really should have been spending it on other stuff. Then again, there was nothing I'm going to get a regular job without reliable transportation unless I'm lucky enough to find one on a bus route. But those are even scarcer than jobs in general.

Anyway, I might have a better job opportunity lined up this week. We will see.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home