Thursday, May 13, 2010

Movie Quotes That Don’t Mean What You May Think They Mean

What is that man doing in my drawers!?
--Myrna Loy, The Thin Man (1934)

There’s more than one way of love.
--Robert Morley, Marie Antoinette (1938)

Gee, I -- I -- I don’t know whether I can keep it up for two and a half hours.
--Frank Albertson, Room Service (1938)

I’ll give you the best performance you ever saw in a hotel bedroom.
--Frank Albertson, Room Service (1938)

I want you to have a party and be gay. Very, very gay!
--Bette Davis, Dark Victory (1939)

I should hate to see our country endangered by my underwear.
--Greta Garbo, Ninotchka (1939)

Of course, people do go both ways.
--Ray Bolger, The Wizard of Oz (1939)

You should’ve licked that girl where she licked you.
--Paulette Goddard, The Women (1939)

Well, I can’t see anything, but... how do I know you can’t?
--Virginia Bruce, The Invisible Woman (1940)

Isn’t it wonderful what you can find these days in drugstores?
--Mickey Rooney, Babes on Broadway (1941)

I expected to be frightened on my wedding night, but nothing like this.
--Gloria Castillo, Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957)

In America, nothing is impossible.
--George Chakiris, West Side Story (1961)

Out. What a nice word.
--Paula Kelly, Sweet Charity (1969)

Well, okay... but I get to be on top!
--Tom Hanks, Big (1988)

In the 40s, they were all Madonnas. So womanly, so feminine.
--James Timmons, Kissed (1996)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home