Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Songs That Were Stuck in My Head All Weekend

1. "Insomnia" -- Faithless. Apparently, I. Can't. Get. No. Sleep.

2. "Add It Up" -- Violent Femmes. Apparently I like to count.

3. "Taxi" -- Harry Chapin. We might not all be Harrys but more than a few of us have our share of Sues. And oddly enough, one of the unrequited crushes I most regret was on a woman named Susan.

4. "Tainted Love" -- Max Raabe. It's official. We really are reliving the 1930s.

5. "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" -- Olivia Newton-John. I have no idea how this got on the same list of songs as a Violent Femmes tune. Personally I suspect a certain post by the Flick Filosopher is to blame.

6. "Wuthering Heights" -- The Puppini Sisters. Apparently we are reliving the 1940s as well.

7. "It's a Tuff Life" -- Pat Benatar. For some strange reason, this song has been in my head a lot. It goes away every now and then but whenever I am tempted to start taking myself too seriously, it comes back.

8. "Taxman" -- The Beatles. But of course.

9. "Somebody Told Me" -- The Killers. Someday I will tell you a funny story concerning this song but not today.

10. "Tales of Brave Ulysses" -- Cream. Wait, they're not singing "Latin winter," are they?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home