Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Doctor Who (The Second Series): “The Eleventh Hour”

Yes, I know we're all supposed to hate the new guy and that fans my age are supposed to especially hate him because he's so darn young. Plus one could argue that the show hardly needs yet another red-headed companion while visions of my beloved Donna Noble are still echoing in most people's minds.

And yet...

I liked this episode.

I wondered for a bit whether writer Steven Moffat was starting to lose his touch because I actually anticipated some of this episode's plot twists but the episode still managed to be an emotionally satisfying one. And even the new assistant was likable. I must admit the prayer scene in the first five minutes was a nice touch as well. However, I can't help but wonder if the last shot of the episode was supposed to be Moffat's way of telling former show writer Russell T. Davies that he didn't need to use any of his stinking characters any more than he needed any stinking badges. But I'm probably projecting that part. So never mind.

Will the next episode be as watchable?

Time will tell.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home