Friday, October 30, 2009

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

30 Rock: “Stone Mountain”

People on the Net keep talking like 30 Rock is the one sitcom worth watching on TV today and so far I can't see it.

Perhaps because every time I break down and watch the show, the results are at best okay. Not spectacular but okay.

Perhaps it's because I'm at the age where I no longer feel the need to devote myself to a particular sitcom the way I devoted myself to All in the Family or The Mary Tyler Moore Show. But more likely it's because the show is just not that memorable.

It's not a bad show, I'll admit. But it has yet to inspire me to wait eagerly until the next episode.

Anyway, even if I did like the show better, I probably would have hated this particular episode which tries very hard to be funny but which also proves that 21th century sitcom jokes contrasting blue states and red states are every bit as unfunny as the jokes contrasting New York and Los Angeles that one used to see in movies like California Suite and Annie Hall.

Okay, Tina Fey can be funny and Alec Baldwin has a way with a line. And it's always nice to see Jane Krakowski.

But for me, it's just not enough. And I'm usually easy to please.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home