Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hey, I Remember This Show: The Addams Family

In honor of the late Vic Mizzy, the opening credits to a show with which most of my generation is quite familiar.

This used to be one of my late father's favorite shows. Or at least he watched it a lot and preferred it to The Munsters.

And speaking of The Munsters, anyone else ever think it was strange that American TV viewers got so many sit-coms about weird neighbors during the same time that racial integration was a major concern in this country? I'd like to think that any connection is either a coincidence or a positive development. Perhaps the good folks in TVland meant to suggest that if we could get used to a Gomez Addams or a Herman Munster, we should have no problem with a black family moving in down the street. Then again, not every sane person wants to live next door to a Gomez Addams or a Herman Munster. And it did seem rather ominous that one rarely saw blacks or Hispanics on these shows.

But maybe I'm overthinking this a bit too much.

I hope you all enjoy the video.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home